what do you think of the current Cloud Temple soulstone system?

frankdh

In my honest opinion it's basically just hubs with extra steps right now. It would be better with something more fluid like warp signs/ferries or just all together preventing the CT from being a portal to different places all together rather than the weird in between.

Needs to be an option to drop into the center of the map in an area that isn't CT but is semi protected like it and spokes out into major roads. Idk why we couldn't have that. I miss hubs but I don't miss a giant waste of space CT on map. Also there's some immersion breaking as to the location of the cloud temple as separate from everything else, doesn't feel a part of the world and is exclusively a videogamey teleport hub. As for the SS system, it's kinda neat but its a bit clunky, should just be able to click the pillar/have a sign to warp there instead of binding it to an SS. Seems like a needless waste of time and could be more efficient.

I would like it if, say, Slot 0 you could swap to it, and it's your "Transient Soul Stone Slot".

What that means is you skip the middleman with Slot 0 of having to set it manually with a CMD.

So, you just punch one of the Spawn Pillars with your Slot 0 without typing a CMD, and it instantly swaps it; but only with the spawn-related SS pillars.

What do you say? @The60th

just make fast travels and its like a little shrine where monks ascend u to ct lolol

remove soulstones entirely, have everyone walk everywhere, no fast travels, remove horses too, cloud temple shouldnt exist, remove admins shops, disable sprint on roads, fix road signs, ignore everything i wrote

more inconvenient than the previous system, it does not flow

i think signs + pillar would be good :^)

Just use warp signs for the CT Pillars. I don't understand how they choose to use the more complex option, when the easier one has been a Plugin for like, a decade.

FRANK

THIS SYSTEM IS GOOD. DO NOT CHANGE IT. ALL THOSE AGAINST IT ARE MERELY LAZY, THAT IS A THEM ISSUE NOT A YOU ISSUE. IT IS VERY FINE. DO NOT CHANGE IT.

- BORIN

I like how rp friendly it is :D

I do not care for the fact that we have to sacrifice an additional soul stone slot so that we can travel around the map. This system would be fine if we had an additional soul stone slot that was specific for unbinding and rebinding to the pillars of the cloud temple. 

warp signs would be better since it not only saves time; but it saves a soul stone slot. 

EDIT: 

It may also contribute to the deterrence of players wishing to visit other places. In my opinion, a roleplayer finds their respective roleplay areas, binds their soulstones to the Nation Pillars and then sticks with that area. Unless they were to be sent on an expedition; why would they want to take the time to figure out where anything is? 

Without the aid of horse whistles; lots of people are running unless they have an area in which they can safely park their horse without fear of them being stolen; this is a time consuming process having to SS to CT then SS to an in-between place upon the map (Unbinding, rebinding, unbinding and then rebinding to the respective Nation Pillar). It is clunky, it is tedious and it very well has the high potential to deter branch-out roleplay. 

That being said.. It's not a laziness thing; it's just the principal of a system that was efficient last time; to a system that has added steps AND the sacrifice of yet another SS slot; effectively leaving you with two permanent SS slots, one travel slot and one non-editable CT slot.

It's a big -1 from me.

I love it. Not having CT on the map is one of the greatest things to have happened.