What a long road its been. AMA

Lhindir_

3 hours ago, Lhindir_ said:

:)
I wouldn't say I have a favorite, but you're amongst the top of the people who've done interesting things with the rp we had - In my opinion. Some other people are @squakhawk, Zidoax, Noz, @Areon, @Zonty, @Maclunkey, Dardonas, KBR, @Sorcerio, @JoanOfArc@Air, @z3m0s, and @FieThere's a few others  but I've personally been very impressed with all of these players and the direction they took concepts and lore which we roleplayed about. I'm very happy when people go and do their own thing and improve or evolve the concepts which I give them.

:skull:

I didnt know we had emojis on the forums. Huh

*kisses u

I think the questions I have for you is what is your favorite character that IS yours and what is your favorite book you've read?

1 hour ago, 2samspan said:

Hello Lhindir. Major props for how much you've pushed LotC forward from all the time I've known you.

What was the most scuffed group you were close enough to ever be fully aware of their scuffed-ness (or go to second most since you already mentioned what I guessed would be #1)?

Or if you want something a little bit more positive: Who from all the characters you have made over the years do you think would win in a 12 round boxing match tournament (magic is allowed but only if it empowers your body. 1 construct max can fight for you)

Keep being a king.

Hey Samspan, haha  yeah its been a second and thanks a bunch!

Scuffed in what sense? From just an overall standpoint, I think a variety of the bandit groups that have floated around over the years. I've definitely seen some shit and heard some shit while being around those discords, with probably a close third being a variety of the iterations of Oren, especially earlier  versions from when I was younger. I'd be happy to specify more in discord if you'd want to reach out to me haha.

Boxing match? I think my Ish'Urkal dark shaman or Aulkhorian my Azdrazi. A lot of my other characters were undead and or generally pretty physically weak so I think they'd not stand a chance in a 12 round elimination boxing match.

1 hour ago, Morigung-oog said:

Why are you still here?

Ungoth bunga oog ung?

Help me.

Answered above. These days I mostly just observe and weigh in my opinion, do small culture events and manifest to play an elderly mentor character. I literally cannot get immersed otherwise.

37 minutes ago, sam33497 said:

how can we save voidal magic?????

Void magic isn't broken. Its actually still probably the most capable magic on lotc - I think a large problem that the community has encountered, which I actually really enjoy from a storytelling standpoint is that an overwhelming  majority of mages have no irp idea of what exactly they are doing, as they more or less just 'cast spells they are taught' as opposed to actually understanding what they are doing, and learning more about the magic and actual mechanics in character. 

This rewards players for actually going out and learning how void magic works, in lore, and allows for some pretty cool stuff when people use their brains - And punishes those who do not by merely having a spell list of pre-defined interactions. 

All of the above pretty much revolves around transfiguration, which is the only void magic that's actually changed in my opinion over the years (And tbh, 99.9% of void magic's flavor and actually powerful things to do). Every other magic is almost exactly the same +- some emote counts, and maybe the odd change to voidal shifting. 

26 minutes ago, JoanOfArc said:

*kisses u

I think the questions I have for you is what is your favorite character that IS yours and what is your favorite book you've read?

I think Favorite characters wise, there's only really one that stands super far above the rest. Ostromir was single handedly my favorite character of all time, and I think his 2~ year run was a very eventful and deep roleplay experience that went through just about every possible theme I could've wanted to, with getting to play a bit of his undeath and leaving him off right as he started to decline from his zenith being the best way could've played him. A lot of people were impacted by his decisions, and a lot of the current roleplay that happens is still an echo of his life @GMROon the topic of knockons. 

@TreshureOnce mailed me a leather bound copy of Dune. Im yet to find a better read, but actively looking. I have How to make friends and influence people on my list, aswell as a few others that I'll dm you on discord about

Idk what to ask but our rp interactions r always cool

1 minute ago, Laeonathan said:

Idk what to ask but our rp interactions r always cool

Im glad you think so :)

How much do you miss Corwin and Armand and was I the greatest son-in-law of all time?

What happened to Orsul?

How are you today?

5 minutes ago, LithiumSedai said:

How much do you miss Corwin and Armand and was I the greatest son-in-law of all time?

What happened to Orsul?

How are you today?

The eternal son in law petitions I once more. Yes, yes you were.

God Im surprised you remember! Its actually the same character as my Azdrazi, he had a redemption arc with Lore-games (If you can call it that). He went from serving Mordring to serving Azdromoth.

Busy as all hell, haha. But that's life. I've been working on a lot of projects irl so here's to hoping they turn out well and my work pays off.

not really a question just some appreciation. we have played together for a while and have so much history together on this server and i wanted to let you know even after bullshit OOC and the golemancy wars and kypris x lhindir -i will always wish the best for you. it was nice coming back and seeing your name, made me feel like this place maybe wasn’t so different now. maybe that’s sappy, but you’re a good dude in my book. 

nevermind i thought of some;

1) favorite magic?

2) favorite character of yours?

3) favorite like… “era” on lotc over the years?

What gets you to log in these days? The communities you are a part of? The RP narrative that you have going? Perhaps both?

In addition, why did you get me hyped for Warhammer delves last map and where are they now? 

What’s the deal with Kurag? Is there any intent on writing the final chapters of his story? 

Hey Lhindir :)

I've got some good memories of our rp interactions and thanks for that! I think you were a large part of helping me find what i enjoy about the scuffed mineman rp we're doing - and what kind of narratives interest me enough to keep me building upon them.

I was wondering though, what (if any) kinds of rp do you wish you could've been involved in? Are there any groups you wish you had a hand in, or characters you wish you went more indepth with, or maybe magics/feats you had more interaction with?

It'd be sad to see you go btw, but - i support your decision :) you cant spend your entire life roleplaying a fake one.

what’s your favorite color :)

how did it all go so so wrong

Which Carrion (Imperial Carrion era) made the largest impact on you as a player?