Kaustantin Baruch: Gone Farming

Herod

"Wha' the fock is wrong with him?" Margot asked upon hearing of her cousin's departure. "Ah'll have t' give him a wack on his head, the odd bastard." Scoffed the women as she rubbed her forehead, a headache oncoming. 

r

Fionn Castaway would wake on his Valwyck fishing boat to the distant sound of a carriage unpacking. He'd look out to find the retired Palatine and his family settling in their new home. The hungover senior would thus begin to crankily shout at the trio, though they'd likely barely hear it, if at all. "Oi! Tú may be Palatine, but tú come anywhere near me, and I have plenty of bottles to smash over túr head!" the man then went to his morning Carrion Black, noticing how little were left "Maybe it's time I went back to restock."

Father Klaus went on a weekly ride of his atop his steed St. Tylos II. He'd make his way along the lake of Valwyck, gazing out towards it's clear waters and the life which swam around it. In front of him he'd spot Kaustantin and his family setting up near the lake. He'd smile to himself at the man's new found happiness, before signing the Hussariyan Cross towards the family "May dein retirement be long und free of burden, und protected by Godan. Amin." He'd then make a small diversion begin to move around the house rather than through it. The man deserved his peace.

Spoiler

It's been a fun few months man. I'll remember the times we had waiting for people to emote during peace negotiations, the general tomfoolery, and of course, the serious rp once in a blue moon, for a long time. Gonna miss you while you're gone, but such is life, and I look forward to the times where you can come back. until then, see ya around.

'Gone Farming' had been Sig's simple reply when she asked where Kaustantin had disappeared off to.

That night as she set Josef down, Emma lingered a moment, recalling the very morning before. The Lord Palatine holding the babe in the square... how frail he seemed. How unwilling to let go. Shaking those saddened thoughts out of mind, the Koenas decided on something that she could do. She would send him the next batch of her baking endeavours, to cheer and remind him of home. 

Ser Viktor 'the Beast' Baruch shed a single tear, realizing he may never see the Lord Palatine's wife again. And Kaustantin too, of course. A visit to the farms was not something he could stomach. He'd spent far too much time in the fields of Valwyck, using their wheat to bake bread in order to make bread on the auction house.

Feodor May sighed as he heard Kaustantin had officially stepped down. He was staring at the book he tried reading, yet couldn't really focus. The Lord Palatine had told him he'd be stepping down soon, but it only really now dawned on Feodor how much he'd miss working with the man he'd known since he was little. "Must be some damn good cabbages..."

While Dame Lynette Mendez cared little - and only in her Knightly loyalties as protector - for the sudden absence of the Lord Palatine, and she was constantly preoccupied by her own thoughts while absent from her duties, she lowered her head in remembrance of her once friend, Aaron @Herod, who she had not seen for many years and remember fondly their time spent together as younger soldiers.

"I hope you are happy, wherever you ended up, Friend." The Resolute murmurs to herself with a solemn grimace before she turns her eyes back to the pages of her book.

Edited by CopOwl

"Took him long enough," Otto August murmured from within a tower of his keep.

"It's quite unfortunate to have a papej who is a literal prophet, people take vyr wisdom for less. I told you Kaustantin, the best way to enjoy everything you've done is to finally let it go." The man perhaps could've taken his own advice, for thereafter he continued the endless amount of work he himself had to endure.

"Have ein gutte retirement, du deserved it." August Barclay murmured within the confines of the Reinmaren Keep.

Eirik sighed upon hearing the news, for whilst he was afraid to admit it, Kaustantin had been a father figure and a mentor to him. Would he ever swallow his pride and tell him so?

Marie Ruthern quietly thanked Godan, for Kaustantin would no longer be around to scare her about pregnancy and childbirth. 

Eleanora coughed into her handkerchief, shaking her head tiredly as she made her way to the basilica to pray.

Klara Elizaveta frowned sadly. "Dravi, Kustiwubintiuminstin..."